momma in pajamas

Friday, June 13, 2008

Obligation

Why is it that it's so hard to prioritize me? I feel almost a compulsion to put the needs of others, even those of relative strangers, before my own. Altruism is good, to a point, but not to the point of neglecting your own basic needs.

This is something I need to work on, and rationally I understand that you can best take care of others when you yourself are adequately taken care of. Still, the guilt, it is there. I'm weary. I need a break. I wish others would step up and take some of the load off. But for now, all I can do is take what time I can for myself and what energy I can for my own healing and try to give myself a break when I can't be all I'd like to be for others.

1 Comments:

  • At December 28, 2008 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Amy Paget said...

    Bless you, Cresta. That altruism will be your greatest strength as a Mother of young children. Your time will come. Be sure to ask for time for yourself and be sure to ask your friends for respite time. It will be their joy to provide.

    I waited for years for EFM and/or an evening out...and it finally comes!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home