momma in pajamas

Thursday, January 24, 2013

What My Dating Profile Should Say

I am awesome.  You better be too.  I don't want a daddy for my kids.  They have one of those already and he does just fine.  Maybe not what I would do, but just fine nonetheless. You aren't going to meet them.  I am dating for me, not for them.

What I do want is someone to be interested in me.  Ask me questions.  Remember my favorite song. Bring me flowers.  Take me to dinner.  Tell me I'm pretty.  Smile when you see me.  Hold my hand. Touch my face. Call just because you want to hear my voice. Tell me secrets and snuggle with me under a blanket. Kiss me.  Kiss me. Kiss me. Dance with me in the grocery store. Ask to lick the spoon when I make cookies. Laugh with me. Did I mention kiss me?

I want to feel not so alone.  That's on me, not you. I don't want to be your mom. I don't want to be your sister.  I want to be a grown-ass woman and be your lover and your friend. I'm exceptional at both.  Honest.  Don't believe me, well fuck you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home